Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hello everyone

Good Morning.

My name is Govindan Gandhi.  I am a retired surgeon.  About a year and half ago I started learning web programming using AlphaFive.  Now I have fully functional website that I use for our intranet application.  It serves our purpose.  It may not have all the bells and whistles of a commercial program but it gets the work done.

Here I am showing what I have done in the past year and a half to get to where I am at the moment.

This and the following articles assume that you have purchased a copy of AlphaFive and installed it in your computer.  I am using version 11 for this project.

To speak of web programming, the first thing to do in AlphaFive is to configure the web application server.
To do that, when you start your AlphaFive and create an empty new workspace and name it something you want.  For this project mine is named alphaweb and is placed in a folder called alphaweb in the documents folder.
Once you have created the workspace and when you open it, the first thing to do is to check if the web application server is configured and functioning correctly.  So click on the web on the top menu and select application server.  Set the port and the server names and restart the server.
Once this is done you will be creating the index file to check if the server is working properly.

Here is a screencast of the things I did to check if web application server is workimg properly.

http://screencast.com/t/Dynfxm1rwV

Here is the finished product.

http://screencast.com/t/btJTSTck
Date: Nov 19th 2017
Here is the updated video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqgn3Sh00rE

1 comment:

  1. This great Ghandi, I'm looking forward to following your progress. I'm building and learning as I go, I have often thought a step by step guide through a complete application would be really valuable to see so thanks

    ReplyDelete